Dear Katy Perry,
Today a friend instructed me to listen to your new single “This Is How We Do.” Seeing as this friend and I almost always see eye to eye on all things pop, I happily obliged. While I am sure that I will end up singing this song ad naseum for the next few months – upon reaching the end of the track, I found myself with more than a few questions for you in regards to this song. I would be more than grateful if you are able to provide me with answers to any of the below:
1) First and foremost – is this really how you do?
2) What exactly do you mean by “all my girls vintage Chanel baby?” Are your girls vintage? Are they Chanel babies? Please clarify.
3) Just so we’re all on the same page – you know you’re a white girl, right? Like, dated and collaborated with John Mayer white.
4) What exactly is “no big deal”? The song? Your life? The various popsicles featured in the video?
5) Could you please elaborate on how you, Katy Perry, “straight stunt?” Gymnastics? Shooting hooops? Driving cars off of cliffs?
6) No question, just wanted to give props for somehow working in La Super Rica into a song. (Side note: Now I wantttt itttttt)
7) Have you yourself ever used rent money to pay for bottle service?
8) Who was this song written for originally?
9) Are you absoultely, positively sure you would like the beat back?
10) And finally, where can a girl get a pair of those pizza earrings???
Your timely response is greatly appreciated.
In the past 24 hours, something magical has happened. A summer track has emerged seemingly out of nowhere. Ryn Weaver’s new track OctoHate has taken the internet by storm, and with good reason. The all-star produced track (Passion Pit’s Michael Angelakos, Charlie XCX, Benny Blaco, and Cashmere Cat) is everythign you could want in a summer pop song. Light, upbeat, catchy, strong vocals, easy to learn lyrics, etc.
This is currently the only track on Ryn Weaver’s Soundcloud page, but one can only hope many more of the same appear soon. In the meantime, I can’t wait to figure out how many listens it will take before I get sick of this…I have a feeling it’s going to be alot.
Well my Tuesday just got a whole lot better.
Broken Bells, aka Danger Mouse and James Mercer (The Shins), released a teaser today for their upcoming album After the Disco. The trailer is short video filled with pretty visuals and glimpses of the two gentlemen, but really I don’t care what it is because it means THEY’RE BACK. I’m not going to bother explaining to you why you this duo is one of my favorite out there, because you should already know. And if you don’t, just go do a little research and a little listening, and then finish it off with The Grey Album because everyone needs to have heard that at least once in their life.
Teaser above, and below is the “Tough Set of Judges” video for October, a personal favorite from their self-titled debut.